Salesforce ecosystem to create almost two million new jobs by 2020
Monday, September 12, 2016
Research firm IDC has released a white paper sponsored by Salesforce that looked at Salesforce's impact on both the economy and jobs. The research showed that Salesforce and its ecosystem of customers and partners will drive nearly 1.9 million new jobs and more than $389 billion in new GDP impact worldwide by 2020.
This data just confirms the incredible ecosystem that includes the community of Salesforce customers, partners and developers who power the “Salesforce economy” worldwide. In fact, as of this week, customers have installed apps more than 4 million times from the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s longest-running and largest business apps marketplace. And Salesforce administrators, developers, users and partners recently earned 1 million badges on Trailhead -- Salesforce’s online learning environment -- acquiring valuable skills to succeed in today’s technology-driven economy.
According to the IDC study, cloud computing generates jobs by permitting an increase in IT innovation, which in turn supports business innovation and increased revenues in local markets. Even more positive for long-term economic impact, IDC reports that spending in public cloud accounts for less than 5% of total IT spend and 15% of total software spend today, but is expected to grow at six times the rate of overall IT spending from 2015 through 2020.
IDC Study: Salesforce Impact to Partner and Customer Ecosystem
IDC also uncovered several other key findings in the report:
- By 2020, for every dollar Salesforce makes, the company’s ecosystem will gain $4.14. Organizations supplement their Salesforce subscriptions with additional services from consulting partners and additional apps to extend core functionality, built by ISVs on the Salesforce platform.
- The leverage from cloud computing comes from the fact that so much of traditional IT is tied up with maintenance of legacy systems and routine upgrades -- in fact, this represented 71% of IT spending in a survey conducted by IDC in 2015.
- Salesforce customers said, on average, that they have experienced payback from their Salesforce technology investments in 13 months or less. Over four years, aggregate worldwide investments by Salesforce customers in cloud computing should yield 3–5 times the financial benefits compared to costs.
Salesforce AppExchange Surpasses Milestone of 4 Million Installs
- Salesforce customers have now installed apps from the Salesforce AppExchange more than 4 million times. A single install can be used by hundreds of users within a company or organization. This milestone builds upon recent momentum for the AppExchange, including:
- 88% of Fortune 100 companies have now installed at least one AppExchange app, and 65% of all customers have multiple apps installed
- ISV partners reported an average increase of 46% in new leads, 55% in new customers and 55% in revenue by listing on the AppExchange
Customer Trailblazers Earn 1 Million Badges in Self-Learning Environment
Trailhead is an online learning environment where anyone can develop skills that empower them to participate in the “Salesforce economy.” Since launching in 2014, trailblazers have earned 1 million badges and these badges directly relate to in-demand job skills.
Salesforce's ecosystem will be on full display at the company's annual Dreamforce conference in San Francisco Oct. 4-7, expected to attract more than 170,000 attendees. There will be a special Trailhead area where attendees can get a sense of how the training works and earn a Trailhead online badge in about 10 minutes for learning how to connect a Salesforce account to a mobile or so-called internet of things device.
The company also is investing in the next generation of users at a very young age. Dreamforce will feature Trailhead for Kids, which breaks down the process of creating a lemonade stand business using Salesforce, including building a mobile app to take orders, inventory management and various ways to connect to customers.
The full report, entitled ‘Salesforce Economy”, can be found on this link.
05/26/2017 - Please read if you use Web-to-
04/13/2017 - The Salesforce Optimizer
03/15/2017 - Collaborate with Salesforce Ch
03/04/2017 - Sales Cloud or Service Cloud -
02/16/2017 - TLS Disablement Deadline Exten
02/03/2017 - Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0
01/13/2017 - Start the Year Off Right - Tak
12/15/2016 - Highlights from Winter '17
12/02/2016 - Tips to get better data into S
11/09/2016 - Implementation Best Practices
10/26/2016 - Bridging the Gap Between Sales
10/11/2016 - Highlights from Dreamforce 201
09/29/2016 - NexGen and Clovernook Center C
09/23/2016 - Predict the future with Salesf
09/12/2016 - Salesforce ecosystem to create
09/09/2016 - Wave Analytics for Financial S
07/22/2016 - Pardot: Bridging the Gap Betwe
06/09/2016 - The Wrong Reasons for CRM
05/26/2016 - New Lightning Editions
05/12/2016 - Get Your Systems Talking