Senior Linux Application Architect-Developer
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Mason, OH
This is an opportunity to work with an Advanced Technology Development team in a rapidly growing industry leader providing Supply Chain Technology solutions to major industrial, commercial and institutional clients worldwide.
The Senior Linux Application Architect-Developer will be required to lead complex software development projects utilizing Linux based compilers in the architecture, design and execution of embedded systems. This position requires strong communication and leadership skills with demonstrated experience and success in complex embedded Linux application software architecture development, and software design, implementation, and test. The candidate must be able to drive the development of, and maintain ownership of, complex engineering projects throughout life-cycle including specification, architecture, design, implementation, testing, and post-release maintenance. The candidate will be required to demonstrate a commitment to process/policy compliance and a willingness to promote continuous improvement initiatives.
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
• Architecting, implementing and Maintaining an Embedded Linux image for embedded products
• Writing expert-level software in C/C++ for Embedded Linux devices
• Participating in software design process by asking questions, "poking holes," offering suggestions, etc.
• Following industry best practices when implementing software, especially around areas surrounding security and privacy
• Testing software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests, as well as manual methods
• Using visual design, information architecture, and interaction design to assist the writing of working software
• Checking code into version control according to company version control policy
• Keeping up on changes and advances in the technical world
• Participating in architecture discussions and decisions
• Participation in code reviews
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• At least 7 years of professional experience programming with C/C++.
• At least 5 years of professional experience as technical lead with responsibilities for architecture development, unit and system design, detailed implementation and test.
• Expert level of understanding of Linux Applications on Embedded devices
• Expert level of understanding of threading, message queues, IPC, and memory management
• Detailed understanding of Remote Procedure Call and Data Serialization
• Understanding of advanced software engineering techniques
• Knowledge of multiple areas of software engineering
• Experience implementing automated tests, including unit, functional, and integration tests
• Advanced version control and SCM knowledge such as Subversion, Git, Mercurial.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing Qt applications (or similar application framework experience)
• Testing and debugging experience on embedded Linux platforms
• Experience designing and implementing JSON messaging
• Experience interfacing embedded devices with Enterprise or Cloud based systems
• Experience using a Linux platform build system like Wind River or OpenEmbedded/Angstrom
• Project planning/management
• Networking protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP
• Security and encryption protocols such as SSL, TLS, SSH, PKI, AES
We believe in the power of building solid relationships and earning the trust of our candidates by collaborating, being passionate, and maintaining high character and intgrity. At NexGen, we work hard to place our candidates where they can succeed. And, we have a history of working with great companies.
Take your Business to the Next Level with NexGen Consultants!